December 31, 2012

2012 and 2013

Looking back on 2012:

I would say that overall it was a great year. I got to know some great people, through this blog and on recon, and was lucky enough to meet up with some of them. I consider TSkinBoot and Joept as close friends now, the value of their friendship is priceless to me. They know my bad (or less-good!) sides, yet I feel they accept me for who I am, and consider me more than just a play-friend. They made me feel good about myself which is something I needed this year.
I should mention boydenon as well; we had some fun but I consider him a friend as well. But he definitely brought out the dom/sadist in me hehe. And he still talks to me so I don't think I've done a bad job!

Some highlights of the year:

  • Staying with Joept: I wrote too many entries about this but it's quite possibly the best thing I did in 2012. The first time I went to him I wasn't expecting too much (and even expected to get kicked out once he found out I'm actually a really boring person). But I found two new friends and discovered a lot of new things. And what I remember the most are the little things. Kneeling before being allowed to sit at the table to eat. Having to take the strap with me to bed one night. And asking "daddy" if I can have another ice cream hehe. So many good memories. I wrote a lot about my first stay in April (start from the bottom of the page if you want to read it all).
  • The Fetishbound visits (one and two): I've said it enough times, but really, it's such a great event. I still don't like going to clubs in general but feel perfectly safe and accepted here. I hope I can go a couple of times next year as well.
  • First time as switch/assistent-dom with Master P and tallsub : was important to me as I discovered what I liked when having someone "under" me. Which mostly is tickling, spanking and a fair amount of CBT (although I'd prefer calling it "cock and ball play" - CBP! - as it doesn't have to involve torture to make it interesting for both parties).

Of course it wasn't all good this year. I didn't really have any negative experiences with other people, but in general it's clear I need to work on my self-confidence, and I should make more of an effort to go out and meet people.

Looking forward to 2013:

There are still lots of things to discover, things I want to try out for myself, things I know I'd like in theory but still have to put into practice :) Most of all though, I want to spend more time with the people I like. I also want to meet some people I've been speaking with for quite a while now, like TheBondageCub and BearPaul. It would be great if we could all meet up in Manchester at some point.

As for the blog...I'm pretty happy with it the way it is now, although I feel it's another "stage" right now than it was a year ago. Don't ask me what I mean by that hehe. I guess a blog is always evolving in a way, and I feel the last couple of months have been different than before. But then 2011 was different than 2010, and so on. Anyway, I definitely want to do another story like the Skin one, and of course I'll update whenever I have some kinky news to share.

That's all I can think of for now...so I hope everyone has a safe, happy and kinky 2013!

4 comments:

  1. I like this entry...is optimistic and nice :D
    Keep going my friend and I am sure the 2013 will be great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rauber, I am glad about your positive view on 2012 in general, and I wish you all the best for a happy, kinky and most fulfilling 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rauber.

    I was very surprised you mentioned me here and said you would like to meet me. I really appreciate this. Thank you! This was a great post and perhaps I'll do one for my blog tomorrow. All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice summing up Rauber. Thanks for the mention, that was very nice of you.

    My personal life has been a bit chaotic recently, and unfortunately kink stuff has gone on the back burner; which probably explains why I've gone to ground a little, but I hope I get to meet you in 2013. I really hope you come over to Manchester, it would be great to meet you and Manchester is fun too!

    All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews past week