October 11, 2012

weekend getaway

The past week or so, I've been thinking of going to London, mostly to attend FetishBound. Staying with J and attending FetishBound, that should be fun right? But then I also thought it would be quite expensive by train (but otherwise it's about 7 hours by bus and ferry), and worst of all, I've been feeling quite down lately and in a very antisocial mood, so meeting up with other people would be fairly dumb idea. On the other hand...being around kinky people and friends might be exactly what I need to lift my spirits. 

So for the past few days I've been going back and forth over this... until last night. TSkin and I were talking about meeting up at FetishBound, and going over a lot practical issues... and then admitted to each other we still hadn't bought train tickets to London. So I suggested we both did that at the same time... and we did. 
No way back now!!!!
I feel kind of guilty for spending quite a bit of money, but I am excited about meeting up with J and TSkin, and at FetishBound there will be a few people I also want to say hi to, especially Kaz who I've been wanting to meet for ages now (and hopefully one day I'll get to Manchester to have some bondage fun with him - on that note, why can't all you Manchester people live in London, it would be so much easier for me to meet you all :P ). 
And I also wouldn't mind (at all) being tied up by StandThankAnon... 

Only problem (FetishBound related) is that I have no gear... the wetsuit I talked about earlier really is a size too small (or my back/shoulders are too big!) as I can't zip it up properly - I can still wear it, but it'll look a bit silly with an open back, and besides, I feel quite claustrophobic in it so I wouldn't be able to wear it an entire evening anyway. 
In the past month I've been thinking of buying some military gear, I already have a camo t-shirt but I need trousers (and probably some decent boots) as well. There used to be 3 shops in my town that sell military gear, but apparently they're all gone. Still going to check out two locations but it'll probably be in vain. Only other solution is finding a shop that sells military gear in London...if anyone knows a good one, let me know. Army Surplus have all the stuff I want (I want this, this (urban camo like my t-shirt) and maybe even that) but they only do online orders now. 

Anyway, I'll look around in some shops tomorrow to see if they have something I like (even if it's just sports gear). Worst case scenario is that I'll have to ask J for some gear, or have TSkin bring some of his along for me... obviously I'd rather have my own stuff, but we'll see, not overly worried about that. 

So this leaves me with about 24 hours left to do all the practical stuff. I'm sure I'll forget things, but the most important thing is just showing up, right? :)

7 comments:

  1. If you have a car: 't Amerikaantje in Belsele near Sint-Niklaas has some military gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, couldn't get there today but I really need to visit them at some point...

      Delete
  2. Can't help with the gear side of things but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you decided to come to London and I hope you have a fab time, if your with TSkinBoot, I have no doubt about this! :o)

    P.S. You'll just have to come up to Manchester one of these days, won't you? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      And yes, I suppose I should, shouldn't I? :P

      Delete
  3. Hi Rauber, yes, to simply show up is the most important thing. But I wish you all luck to find a source for gear that you like just before. As well as I wish you a most fantastic experience and time in London!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roland! I found some gear I like (not military, that'll have to be for another time).

      Delete
  4. Rauber, I really hope you had a good time during your weekend getaway, with lots of fun for you included!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews past week