October 20, 2011

blog stats

This is my 50th post on this blog, I thought I should celebrate by writing about...my blog!

First of all, I was thinking of installing that flag counter thing, but then I realised blogger actually keeps quite a lot of details on visitors already. The results were...not that surprising I guess, but I love statistics (and in particular analysing them), so I'll share them with you anyway.

countries
I get most of my visits from Belgium, but that's because I didn't tick the "don't count your own visits" box until this week, so even though I'm sure I get visitors from Belgium, it would surprise me that if the number is as high as other countries. Other countries I get a good number of visitors from are the US, the UK, Netherlands, Germany and France. About the only surprise in the overall top 10 is Saudi Arabia. And this week I got some visits from Lebanon. I wonder if they got here by accident, or maybe the middle east is more kinky than us westerns think :)

traffic
Most of my visitors seem to get here through Google friend connect, which means they probably saw my avatar on someone else's blog. There are 2 blogs that have provided me with a fair number of visitors. The first one is http://tentaciones2011.blogspot.com/ , which is by a Spanish mistress. She once sent me a very positive and encouraging email, right when I was getting somewhat bored with this blog. She told me I should keep exploring my sexuality and kinky side, and keep writing about it. I took a lot of courage from her message, and started to think that sharing my experiences is a good thing, as other people might learn something from it, or get ideas of their own based on what I wrote. Or get turned on with what I write, heh. Either way, that message from her is definitely one of the main reasons why this blog still exists.
Second blog is http://dirtypigsdog.blogspot.com/ , a very interesting blog about the adventures of a total slave. I really love reading it, I always look forward to the next entry. If you don't follow it already, you should, I consider it one of the best kinky blogs here on blogger.com. And it's probably also the reason why I get a high number of visitors on my own blog from the Netherlands.

entries/keywords
The number of visits to specific entries is very low, I guess most people just look at the front page, as there is really no reason to click on individual entries. It's probably not surprising that the entries that get the most views are the one with pictures. Right now the "naughty schoolboy session" entry is the most viewed... well, for fans of the naughty schoolboy scenario I have good news, since there's going to be another session in the near future. Some of my posts where I talk about chastity and my fantasies also seem popular. One of my stories, "Charlotte" also got a fair number of hits.
As for keywords, people seem to come here to read about "cb6000", "bondage session" and "naughty schoolboy spank". Hmm. Probably the weirdest is "martin gore bdsm" (although I did mention him in my "bdsm and music" entry) .

All in all, I don't get that many visitors compared to my "neighbours" (and with that I mean other kinky blogs I follow), but then they have more interesting blogs anyway, so I don't mind. I seem to be getting more readers though. In August 2010, I had 105 hits. In August 2011, 454 hits, the highest number ever. The average in the last 3 months is about 14 visitors a day.

As I said, this is the 50th entry, and I still have a lot of ideas for more entries, this blog is very much alive. I enjoy writing entries, and I certainly hope my readers enjoy reading it!

5 comments:

  1. Hello rauber, congratulations with the increasing number of readers to your blog! I love to read your entrys, especially now you are writing more regular. Thanks for the nice words about my blog, i do love my kinky life, living it the best i can as a dedicated, filthy, low, slavedog. Good luck in your search and devellopment in slavery. It is such a nice journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and the encouraging words! I really should comment on your blog entries more myself because I do love reading them. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS, I'm glad you follow, without stopping IN ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS AND YOUR DREAMS ... WE ALL HAVE LOW MOMENT BUT FIRST ... I MOST IMPORTANT THING IS ... Go ahead and remain true to Links Partners IDEAS.
    A HUG AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    AGUASANTA

    ReplyDelete
  4. WANT POWER, PART OF YOUR TICKET TRANSCRIBING, BECAUSE I told you, there are people who see only the morbid SIDE OF D / S...NO my case ... and so trying to be realistic and help EXTENT CAN A PERSON WHO MAY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, WHICH WILL BE ON THIS SUBJECT.
    KNOW YOU value My spirits gives me more encouraged to follow and know that if is worth making some words of encouragement to those in need.
    GREETINGS ...
    MY MAIL ..
    aguasanta08@hotmail.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for your comments and encouragements Aguasanta, a happy new year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews past week