June 30, 2013

Fetish Week London, and why I almost didn't go.

The title already gives it away: I am going to London again in July, during Fetish Week (well, the last weekend). I'm staying a full week in London after that, making this my "official" summer holiday since I don't have money to go anywhere else! Of course the real reason is that I want to spend more time with Sir, since he won't be there during Fetish Week.

This trip has been on my mind for at least a month, trying to decide whether it's worth it, weighing the pros and cons, and internally debating the emotional and rational arguments.
There were three big reasons not to go this time. Sir won't be home during Fetish Week... ultimately maybe not that big of a deal, since I'll be seeing (or hoping to see) a few friends at the events I'll go to. But it would've been really nice if he was there to go with me. Plus it will feel weird to stay at his place but without him being there. He also said he probably won't have a lot of time for me, which is obviously a good reason to choose another date to come over...
Secondly, my attitude towards Fetish Week in general. I said this before, I'm not that much into gear, and I'm not into cruising. When I go to kinky places, I want it to be with friends, and I want to get some play. Basically, 95% of Fetish Week isn't for me. I'll probably just go to the Fetishbound, Collared and some shops, and that's it. I can do that combination 12 times a year. Plus everything will be busier in July, which I also don't like. I would say this is the biggest reason for not going... (but wait! There is a counter-argument for this in a few moments!)
  Lastly, finances. I won't bore you with the details but as it stands now it's quite possible this will be my last trip to London this year. Though if I can manage to stop buying Lego I might scrape together enough to do another trip hehe.

So why did I decide to go after all? Well, emotional reasons, I guess. London is becoming my second home, where my second family lives. Any opportunity to visit them is a good one.

As for going during Fetish Week: it will be busy, yes, but there will also be tons of people attending FetishBound I never (or hardly ever) get to see face to face but know from twitter or recon or whatever. TSkin will have his complete pack with him, there will be people from all over Europe (looking forward to seeing Trikoot again for example) and obviously all the FB regulars hehe. I'm not the most sociable/talkative person (far from it really!) but it's always nice to see familiar faces, and have a sense of community, if you know what I mean. That's important to me. And at FetishBound I definitely feel more at home than any other kink event.

That's about it. Now that I booked my tickets, it's important to try to leave the doubts and any negative feelings behind, and go there with a good mindset. I'll probably have one or two more blog updates about this before I leave.

1 comment:

  1. Go and have a great time!! I know you'll have a good time once you get there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews past week