December 15, 2011

more complaining...

There were a couple of things I should've added to my previous entry, a comment by cotopaxi (one of the good guys I met through recon!) reminded me of them:

1)
him: nice profile, interested in meeting up?
me: well, what would you like to do with me?
him: (stuff I like) (stuff I'm not into)
me: okay, but I'm not into (stuff)
him: sure, no problem
me: okay, so when can we meet up? Where do you live?

...and that's where the conversation ends.

2)
him: nice profile, do you have a face pic?
me: *sends face pic*

...and that's where the conversation ends.
I hate this even more than the first type. I've even had this happen with a guy who sent me his face pic first. He wasn't the best looking guy on recon (and I'm being very mild here), but I didn't really care, I'm not a supermodel myself and it's not like I'm on that site to find a boyfriend or anything. So I thought "why not?" and sent him my picture. No reply.
The face pic thing only happens with younger guys (so far), and as much as I like complaining about all of this, it doesn't happen that often. Those weird short messages I talked about in my previous entry are much more common.

I read a lot of "no fat people" on some profiles. While it's fine to have a preferencial body type, it annoys me reading this. First of all, "fat" is such a broad term. When is someone actually fat? Are we going by the BMI guidelines? If so, how many points above the ideal weight can someone be before he's considered as "fat"? According to my BMI, I'm on my ideal weight. I've always been underweight, but in recent years I've built up some fat in my belly and hips. So now that I finally have my "ideal weight", I look fatter than I should be. Does that make sense to anyone? I'm just mentioning this because I think this pseudo-science and social conventions on the topic of weight are very, very stupid.
Also, if I was a master, I think I'd rather have a "fat" slave that's really responsive and into our game, than a supermodel who doesn't react to anything I do.
I could do a similar rant about age preferences - I probably look older than people my age, but probably act younger than normal people around my age (if that makes any sense). So, you know, things aren't as black and white as we sometimes want them to be.

Okay, rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews past week