March 5, 2013

London...again

Yes, tomorrow I'm leaving for London...again. Feeling a bit guilty since it's so soon after my last visit... but I felt I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to a) keep Sir company, b) meet up with Boss, and c) go to Fetishbound. I might not have many more opportunities this year to do b and c in particular, so I went ahead and booked my tickets. And since I'm a somewhat of a frequent (low)flyer, I got a little discount on my Eurostar ticket :)

In other news... people on recon annoyed me again this week. One message read "face sub". Well, okay. I know what he means but if he's too lazy to form a complete sentence, why should I bother replying to him? Besides, he has a premium account, and there are face pics in my galleries if he bothered to look. I know it's just a first impression of him, and those can be very wrong, but if he's as lazy as a dom as his communication skills are...well no thanks.
Second message (from someone else): "keep in contact slut!" Well, okay. At least that had a verb in it. But I don't respond to messages in which I'm called a slave/slut/bitch/whatever from the get-go, I would imagine my profile indicated that in some way.

So anyway, now you know why I don't have many local contacts (and run to London every chance I get); it may be shallow of me to dismiss them based on one message, but really, messages like that just don't inspire a lot of confidence. These luckily don't come along often, but I am considering deleting all text on my profile and just write "not looking for dates, just here to chat to people I already know" or something. And I would do that if it would stop me from getting messages, but since people don't read my profile, they wouldn't read this and send me a message anyway!! So it's a lose-lose situation really hehe. So I'll just keep it the way it is now, I guess.

I'm not completely free of blame when it comes to communicating with other people, I have the feeling I've been ignoring some of my friends recently, and when I get back I'll try to be a bit more social again.

I've been reading many interesting and fun blog entries from other people recently, but I have to mention one in particular: "Who is in control?" by Fossil9. I know I've said similar things in some of my entries, but he explains it much better. Also read BoundAnd's thoughts on this. "Submission is not passive", this is so true and something beginning subs might not realise. I'm not going to write my thoughts on this topic right now, but I might do an entry later about how the power dynamic between me and Sir works (or at least my view on it). Right now I'll just say again what I've said many time before: communication is paramount in a BDSM setting. I have many more things to say about this, but no time :)

As always, expect a long update when I get back from London.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I meet you again boy...it will be nice and fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in London, mate. And not everyone on Recon doesn't read your profile, I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely ... I don't care if they're hook up sites or apps ... try ... at least a little bit, to communicate clearly, effectively and with respect.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews past week